Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Bell Cleansing Meditation

I decided that it would be a good contribution to the Pagan community if I did more than just blog about my experiences, life, and general beliefs on things and actually provided some practices that others can use. Advice is always a good thing, but why don't I mix it up a bit? Anywho, this modified meditation is something that I made up after seeing the need for me to calm down during stressful situations. Handling it in a secular sense is good to, but I found that rooting my need to remain calm and silent would work a lot better were I to root it in religion and faith practices.

To do it, you will only need a quiet place in which to meditate as well as a bell or a singing bowl. As you meditate, grounding and centering yourself first, begin focusing on clearing your mind, letting go of all things that ail a peaceful state. Having the bell or singing bowl near you, everytime you feel your mind hearkening back to a stressful emotion or thought ring the bell/bowl. As it sings its tune, will your spirit to allow the tone to go throught you and cleanse your mind of the stress factor. I normally see it as the sound breathing through me, shaking my problems away and pushing it into the ether. Do this as many times as you need to until you feel at peace and have no need to activate the voice of Air.

The point is to give your mind and thus spirit a moment to gather itself together and not have to be faced with issues. By freeing yourself from it you can make the first step in solving it by being able to gather your mind. Its something that was good for me when i needed a time out after dealing with a person that sought to harass me. After I completed this little exercise I was able to feel a heightened sense of peace and could see the situation in a totally different way. It still bothered me, but the hot fire of my rage was dampened down severely, allowing me to walk away from a situation the could've proved dire for myself and friend.

If for any reason you want to modify it, saying a chant, lighting some candles or involving other practices pleasing to you, do it. The central issue isn't how you do it, but that you're able to gain a greater well-being from letting go of ill thoughts and feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment