Sunday, November 24, 2013

Pagan Creation Theory

One of the saddest things about Wicca and general Neopaganism is that there are no set beliefs on how the universe was made. While its good to have the freedom to believe whatever you choose to, creation is one of of those vital little details that gives many of us validation as believers. Its a double edged sword in that manner, which sucks, but opens the mind of practitioners to develop their own theory of creation and expand from it. What I do in my practice is take scientific knowledge and translate it into religious ones, that way I'm keeping my own identity by using facts or current theory to explain my practices. And since I already know that I may be wrong its easy to modify the creation theory as scientists discover more about this big fat universe.

I generally attribute the beginning to Deity, the nameless, formless and genderless creation form that came before all things, within its spirit came the light, the spark that transformed the fertile depths of spiritual energy into the physical energy that burst forth to create all that is and all that will ever be. From this burst of shining light comes the Great Spirits, the overarching forms from which everything is made. Each of the four correspond to the elements of Earth, Air, Fire and Water as well as the four lessons of the pentagram. Strength, love, knowledge, and will plus balance, which is of the Spirit- another name for ethereal Deity. Beyond the Great Spirits comes the six forms of the God and Goddess, creation forms that now have genders attached to them. These gender forms do not qualify in literal male or female terms to me, but are representations to energy that is either spiritual, making it of the Goddess, or energy that leans more into the physical world, making it of the God.

Of the God and Goddess comes their cyclical forms, three for each energy form. For the God there is the Lord, Father, and Elder, which represents the young, mature, and elderly forms of the God. For the Goddess there is the Maiden, Mother, and Crone, which are of course the young, mature, and ancient aspect of the Goddess. Though my descriptions of the God and Goddess make it seem as if my faith is centered around duotheism that's actually a misunderstanding. When I say 'God' or 'Goddess' I am actually talking about all divine forms, since I see all gods goddesses and their forms as being one under the single idea of the God and Goddess. From the two fundamental energies I see the two of them being under the all powerful name of Deity, which is nature, life, exixtence, the Universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment