Saturday, November 16, 2013

The Lord Of Nature

Within my faith there are six primary deity forms that I worship, the first that I'd like to cover is that of the Lord. Unlike the traditional thought that comes with someone speaking of the Lord, it is by no means a Christian thing, but -as the title of this blog gives away- of the Lord of nature. The name serves as a title more than a name given to a specific deity because all godforms of all faiths that deal with nature and the animals are attributed to him. He is moreso the archetypal spirit that manifests to represent the many by his one form and by his one form many are represented. I say 'he' because my personal distinctions divide god forms from goddess forms, and since nature is moreso a physical thing than a spiritual then it falls under the jurisdiction of the God.

I was able to come up with these god/dess forms after much thought of the Triple Goddess aspects of Maiden, Mother, and Crone, asking why there were no Triple God aspects to balance the energies of the feminine. Once I realized this inconsistency I was able to develop a divine aspect that gave as much favor to male physical energies as much as the Goddess was. For me this was quite a mind opener, allowing me to see aspects of both the spiritual and physical and the holy natures within both. Though I could do the same with having just the Triple Goddess, I believe that by having the divine spiritual and divine physical that I'm able to fully appreciate all sides of creation no matter what they may be.

Going back to the Lord, of the Triple God aspect he is the form representing the youthful energy that bounds with the spirit of fertility and playfulness. His time is carefree and is directed primarily by will and not by any conscious effort to attain anything beyond his own sensual pleasures, making him perfect in the wild where instinct and survival are the driving g factors of animals the world around. I don't normally attribute a physical form to deities, but if I decided to do such a thing then he would be a horned deity that is crowned with a wreath of leaves and flowers to represent the wild plants and animals. His holidays are Ostara and Beltane, the time where plants begin their growth and the refreshing energy of life is present throughout the northern hemisphere. Activities used to celebrate him are exercise, sex, play, gardening, and any practice that involves the animals.

The key concept of the Lord is that of growth and experiences found through living. Nothing can be obtained through stagnation and complacency, in order for one to be on the path of being a man or woman they must drudge through the complexities inherent with being granted the gift of life. As a small tree in the forest fighting to survive we too must battle forces that seek their own gain, grabbing for the sun so that we may prosper and get what we desire in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment