Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Only A REAL Witch??

People say that a real witch, Wiccan, or *in some cases* pagan can initiate another into whatever group they seek membership,  I call bullshit.

The problem I see with that logic is one, who initiated the first witch? And two, why does my faith need another's validation? I really want to touch on the second one since its the one that I really care about out if the two, so lets.

Many pagans who have felt the upmost joy in leaving Christianity know that after leaving we tend to want to separate ourselves as much as possible from the faith. Instead of being ones of the church, we are one with the woods, forests, and outside. Instead of spending our Sundays praying in church, we spend our 8 holidays, special occasions, and rituals praying, celebrating and rejoicing the cycles of nature and our lives.

Because of this highly decentralized culture, I find it odd that there seems to be significant factions within the pagan community which seeks the validation of an intermediary to justify ones religious membership. Think about it, why should you, a fully intelligent young man or woman capable of directing your life's path need some far off group from God knows where to officiate your allegiance to you divine figure(s)?

My approach to my faith is very independent, I rely on me to get me stuff done. If I screw up or falter in my responsibilities then it falls upon my shoulders. I understand the worth of having someone who is already proficient in the faith working and teaching you, but I see it as a practice that could prove detrimental if fully accepted by the community (having an intermediary deciding how valid your beliefs are).

In the end, your validation is just that, YOURS. Don't ever put your faith in someone else's hands or feel as if you must live up to the cultural standards of another. Be your own self made person if that is the route you choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment